We will reopen on Sunday, August 2 for in-person worship in addition to continuing our live streaming on the ChurchOnline Platform and Conference Call phone option. No small groups, Bible Study, Sunday School, etc. will be meeting yet.
As we return to the building, we will do so during the month of August with ONE combined worship service at 10:00 am just as we have been doing online during this closure. The worship order and components will vary a bit from what we have been doing online, but please know that we will not return to our former worship schedule just yet due to the sanitizing and cleaning necessary between the services. One service will allow us to ease into reopening. We will explore what this looks like as we move toward September and ongoing.
Please note that these are the restrictions and guidelines necessary for you to join us in-person at this time. If you are not yet ready to follow these restrictions you are welcome to continue to worship with us online, by phone, or one of the alternatives (see below).
- If you are especially vulnerable to contracting COVID-19 due to a compromised immune system or previous and/or underlying health conditions (asthma, diabetes, heart problems, respiratory weakness, etc.) please do not join us in-person at this time. Your health and well-being is too important to us to have you rejoin us at this time.
- All attendees should check their temperature at home and not attend if showing any symptoms of illness (Fever, shortness of breath, cough, or fatigue)
- All attendees are required to wear masks that cover nose and mouth. Individuals leading components of worship (Pastor, Worship Leader, readers, etc.) will lower their mask for their portion of the service, but only when properly social distanced from others at the front of the sanctuary.
- When you arrive, please move directly to your seating area in the sanctuary. When worship is concluded we ask you to exit the building. Socially distanced “visiting” with one another can take place in the parking lot and grassy areas before and/or after the worship service.
- Please refrain from hugging and shaking hands. Social distancing should be practiced between non-family members while in the building. Families are encouraged to stay together (try to limit kids gathering with other children).
- The sanctuary seating will be taped off in some areas so that we can maintain distancing. The balcony will be available for additional seating. We will have a maximum occupancy in the sanctuary of 60 people downstairs and 20 people upstairs.
- Entry doors will be propped to reduce the number of people touching handles.
- Hand sanitizer stations are available in several areas of the building, and there will be plenty of soap and paper towels in the restrooms. Motion activated light switches have been installed in the restrooms to eliminate touching.
- For now, even with masks, we will not be participating in group singing or responsive readings in worship. You are welcome to hum along or mouth words with an attitude of worship and participation, but the aerosolization of germs is increased through singing so we ask attendees to refrain at this time.
- To reduce the number of surfaces that need to be sanitized, hymnals, pew Bibles, and papers have been removed from the seating area. Bulletins will not be used—all announcements and information will be on screen in the sanctuary and cafe in addition to being shared through all of our digital channels.
- We will not offer Kids’ Church or Nursery for children at this time. Activity bags are being created for kids, all of which can be taken home when worship is done. See below for additional kids options.
- To reduce the possibility of spread, there will be no communal food or drink. Please bring your own coffee, etc. When communion is celebrated we will be using pre-sealed, individual serving cups.
- Should Hancock County go to level RED according to the State of Ohio guidelines our in-person worship will automatically be suspended.
Additional Worship Options
For those who are not yet ready for in-person worship in the sanctuary with these restrictions, here are two additional options in an effort to keep expanding our worship opportunities:
- Fellowship Hall for Families – we know that sitting in the sanctuary can be difficult for some little ones so we are creating small spaces in the fellowship hall featuring a cafe table space and floor mats for kids to play. Families who don’t want to be in the main sanctuary space can still be together in community while remaining socially distanced. Kids can play on their own floor mats and the Live Stream feed will be shown on the large TV.
- Home Groups – for those who aren’t ready to return to the church building with all of the restrictions yet still want some level of connection with others, we are seeking some hosts who would offer a back porch or patio area with a bigger screen of the Live Stream. Small groups of 10 or fewer can gather with some social distancing to worship online together, but rather than use the online chat feature these small groups will then share with one another in live discussion amongst themselves.